Seattle organic cafe: Juju Beet is located just minutes from downtown and they even have a location in Bellevue. Talk about convenience! They have anything from salads to smoothies to raw cheesecakes and of course you can get your coffee fix, too. Let’s explore all the tastes that Juju Beet has to offer so you can hop in your car and get there ASAP!
The first time I went to Juju Beet was a few months ago when I was in town for a Microsoft Conference. While I enjoy to eat apples, nut butter and bulletproof drinks for 5 days straight (not), I was ready for a REAL meal. My friends and I drove around for a little while, parked the car and explored google’s offerings. It’s not easy to find ‘organic’, ‘local’, ‘soy-free’ restaurants on google and if you do, it usually isn’t accurate. This is why I created Wellness Everywhere, so you never have to search google for 30 minutes again.
Seattle Organic Cafe
Juju Beet is located in the cutest strip in Bellevue (& Seattle). When you walk inside, smiling faces, happy customers and lots of plants will greet you. The greenery brings life to the cafe and the high ceilings create a feeling of C A L M . If you have a large group, they can accommodate you. There is a large barn style table with seating for up to 10 people. Maybe you’re coming in solo or with a friend, you’re covered too. Bar seating, 2 person tables and outside are you options. Take your pick!
At this Seattle organic cafe you will find the best products that have the Ashlee stamp of approval. They make their own granola, energy balls and milks. Plus, there wasn’t any soy or canola oil in any of the items I explored the labels of. It’s so hard to find something organic, dairy-free, gluten-free AND soy/canola free. Bianca – the owner – is not cutting corners when it comes to your health. If you’re looking for a truly functional food or drink, this is the place for you. Every menu item has a purpose and it’s meant to serve your health.
So, what should you get?
There is no way I can explain the whole menu of this Seattle organic cafe without making you drool. That will be enough to get your salivary glands antsy. In between my two times in, here’s what I got:
- Inflammation smoothie – This smoothie is NO JOKE. If you’re feeling sick or want to prevent it, this is the one for you. I am a spice lover and MAN, this was intense. I felt amazing after drinking it though. The flavor is delicious and the cayenne is what gives it the kick. If you don’t like spice, leave out the cayenne or ask for less.
- Waffle – It’s gluten-free and perfectly crispy and soft. It’s fluffy and has a delicious flavor. The housemate coconut whip is dairy-free and is the real topper on the cake (or waffle..?). Throw some strawberries and maple syrup on top and you’re set.
- Pitaya bowl – I usually opt out of the pitaya cause it’s so sweet but.. let’s be real.. it’s pretty! I ordered it for the gram and was glad I did. It wasn’t overwhelmingly sweet and has a tang to it.
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake – I want to end the post here because this cheesecake is the best I’ve ever had. Bianca created a heavenly dessert. It’s tangy, berry(y) with a bit of chocolate(y). Best of all, it’s refined-sugar free. You know when you eat food that literally makes you salivate.. yep, that’s what this vegan cheesecake induced. If you’re far from Seattle, here’s a delicious vegan cheesecake you can make at home!
- Turmeric latte – Add this to your daily routine for an anti-inflammatory powerhouse. Turmeric has a slight earthy flavor and goes perfectly with local honey. Have it cold or hot.
- Acai bowl – I’m an acai bowl SNOB. This happens when you live on Kauai. Maybe it’s the homemade granola orrrrr the homemade granola (hehe) but this is one of the best acai bowls I have consumed. Top 3 hands down.
Juju Beet has a dietician that reviews and tests each menu item before it gets to YOU. While their facility isn’t certified gluten-free, most of their menu items are gluten-free and dairy-free. They also have several nut-free options available. Like me, I’m sure you want something that’s real. Real organic almond milk that’s carrageenan free is one of their offerings.Their mission is to provide nutrient-rich, quick and convenient food for your busy lifestyle. If you haven’t noticed, most “quick” food is GARBAGE. The main goal is for you to feel energized and nourished after each meal.
“Each new day presents us with the opportunity to treat ourselves kindly – to nourish our minds and bodies.” -Bianca, Owner