Camping season is upon us – even if that means camping in our own backyards – and I had to share my favorite non-toxic and sustainable camping gear packing list with you! In this post you will learn about non-toxic materials in camping gear, organic food options and my go-to water filter we don’t leave the house without (erhhh, the van).
Sustainable camping gear we love
All of the items below are as non-toxic, sustainable or organic as I could find. We invest in these products because they last longer and save us money in the long run. Not to mention, they are more beneficial to the environment that other cheap options.
- Guppy Bag
- Jet Boil
- Lodge cast iron pan
- Reusable utensils and dishes
- Reusable food bags
- these silicon bags or
- paper bags (we burn in the fire)
- Tiny fire starter brick
- from the brand If You Care
- Water filter (more on this below)
- this was a gift so, whether it’s non-toxic or not, I don’t know! It’s a gigantic Coleman tent that comfortably fits 4 people + a dog and if it’s only two of you, you’re in a mansion.
- Sleeping bag
Our favorite food items
- Herbal Tea – without plastic sachets (more on this subject here)
- Evolved Chocolate (formerly known as Eating Evolved)
- Four Sigmatic Mushroom Hot Chocolate packet
- Steeped Coffee bags (for Tommy cause I don’t drink coffee)
- Heather’s Choice backpacking meals
- Organic seasonal fruits & veggies
- Fourth & Heart ghee packets
- Canned wild alaskan salmon or tuna
- I love Wild Planet and Safe Catch for low mercury
- or the fish I catch my own out on our boat in AK
- Organic grass-fed hot dogs
- Clean brands: Organic Prairie, Applegate, True Story
- best of all, your own local farmer
- A batch of my homemade chili
Go-to water filter (must have!)
A water filter is the MUST HAVE in my home and on my sustainable camping gear packing list. Then, before I work with any clients, they must get a reputable water filter that actually works (unlike Brita or basic household filters). Water is of the utmost importance for you to be well, heal and feel well.
We filled up the pitcher with lake water and watched the magic happen, it was SO cool. We use this filter pitcher, water bottles and they even have an under sink filter if you want to fill up a bunch of bottles or a 5 gallon container for your camping trip! My code SIMPLHOLISTIC2020 saves you some cashola! You’re welcome 🙂
Getting away from EMFs
If you aren’t sure about what EMFs are, here is an in-depth post I wrote. Nature is the escape, it’s our natural home, the space we should spend the most time in. In it we can ground; which mitigates the effects of EMFs. When we are way out in nature, we are further away from electro-smog, Wifi, data, cell towers and other harmful EMFs.
BIG POINT: TURN YOUR PHONE OFF or ON AIRPLANE MODE WHEN YOU’RE OUT. WHEN YOU’RE PHONE IS CONSTANTLY SEARCHING FOR CELL SERVICE, IT PUTS OFF MORE EMFS!
Ever wonder why you feel like a million bucks when you get back from a camping trip? Or maybe you sleep like a baby when you are out in the woods. Yep, there’s a reason for that.
Whether you’re preparing for a – I don’t know – nationwide quarantine or a peaceful family outing, this is all you need for a successful non-toxic adventure! Where are you heading next, tell me in the comments below! I can’t wait for you to use our sustainable camping gear packing list!